I started working with photoshop in 2001. My method is non-destructive, layers based, and uses luminosity and color based masks. I incorporate HDR, pano stitching, focus stacking, noise stacking, or a combination of these techniques in the majority of my images.
I use a very simple and effective video conferencing software for teaching post processing. The software is free to my customers and easy to install. I record the session, and post it to Youtube with a private link for you to rewatch at any time. These sessions are $100 per hour for 1 person, $130 for 2 people, and $150 for 3 people. I ask for a minimum of 90 minutes of instruction. Just CONTACT ME about post process instruction, and include your phone number in your message. We can then discuss what you wish to learn.
I am happy to cater my lessons to your liking, but most people end up choosing one of three packages.
1. The custom lesson package: If you want to only go over a specific technique, I can create a lesson to cover just what you want to learn. The length of these sessions vary depending on the subject matter. They can be as short as 90 minutes. This is perfect for anyone who already has a workflow they are happy with, but want to improve their results by learning a specific skill.
2. The beginning to end package: This package will take the time to go over my entire post process from the very start to end. It takes roughly 6 hours. I recommend splitting it into 2 or 3 sessions, and taking time between sessions to practice what you learn. If you choose this package I include my video on the elements of photography. These are at the core of what I teach, and will be referenced frequently in my instruction. We can edit an image of yours, or mine.
This course will cover these steps:
- A link to my video discussing the elements of photography(very important): Rule of thirds, leading lines, symmetry, composition, drawing your eye through the frame, atmosphere, foreground interest and depth, subject isolation, and many more. I discuss how you see and use these elements in a way particular to landscape photography.
- The digital working space(16bit raster image format): this should take less than 30 minutes.
- Color theory.
- Taking the time to decide what you want to do to the image before changing a thing.
- Lightroom: basic adjustments and preparing the image for Photoshop.
- Photoshop: The toolbar, filters, and other editing tools.
- Photoshop: The layers panel.
- Photoshop: masks, and luminosity masks(TK actions plugin)
- Photoshop: preparing your photo for the web or print. - I include a note with a list of all the keyboard shortcuts that I use for you to reference later. This is particularly helpful when using luminosity and color based layer masks.
- After you have completed the sessions and had time to put them to use, I will answer a few follow up questions you may have via email.
3. The complete package: This is a more thorough instructional course, will take more time and cover more techniques.
- Includes everything in the beginning to end package.
- Pano merges with PTGUI Pro.
- HDR blending of multiple exposures.
- Focus stacking with Zerene stacker.
- Noise stacking and long exposure blending.
- How to best combine these techniques into a single photo.
- I will also talk about my techniques behind the camera that affect these skills.